Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

16 weeks, 40 days

16 weeks pregnant. 40 days til Eric is home. It's surreal to even think about the fact that he will be home for good and we will be able to start our life together. I'm sure I've said that a thousand times now, but i never take a word of it for granted. My heart truly goes out to every woman whose husband is gone for longer than 8 months and who may be struggling with their husband being in more severe, combative situations than Eric was. I can only imagine what they go through everyday.

Eric did not end up having to go to Korea which was a blessing in itself. I know he would have liked to be there with the rest of his unit but they kept him back as he was needed more on base in Okinawa than in Korea. I was just happy bc there is so much turmoil in Korea right now. He is scheduled to come home mid May and will go to Quantico to de-brief for a few days before coming home for good. He is, of course, soooo excited to see everyone... But mostly he is excited to meet his baby growing in my little belly. :)
he is SO CUTE about having a son or a daughter. He's read more books about pregnancy than I have, he's telling me everyday how big baby is getting (in fruit-measurements) and he's just do excited that it makes me more excited! He tells me everyday how pretty I am and how my growing bump doesn't make me look disproportionate, which is sweet of him. And today he told me he can't wait to come home and read books to my belly and give it goodnight kisses. I mean... I have a perfect husband.
he wrote me the cutest card the other day, it was so funny and so sweet just talking about silly things I should be doing to prepare for his homecoming- for example: make up a thousand sexy nicknames for him, start doing lip exercises, and practice running toward the door with open arms. Hehe! I'd tell y'all more about it but I find it trashy and impersonal to share our personal letters on the Internet so I'll keep some to myself. ;)

As for me and baby, today marks 16 weeks pregnant! Boy is time going fast. In just a couple weeks I will be halfway through my pregnancy.... Like, what?! Haha
A couple more not-so-fun things about being pregnant: nose bleeds and worse allergies than ever!
A couple GREAT things about pregnancy: still a size 1 and in all my normal clothes... and I'm 16 weeks in! Woohoo!, I have gained a perfect 5 pounds and baby has a strong heartbeat and is healthy, Dr says that by next week (or two) I may start to feel the baby flutter in my belly (which will be incredible), in 4 short weeks I find out whether it's a boy or a girl, I feel all glow-y and excited like they say you should start feeling in your second trimester, and most excitingly, MORNING SICKNESS HAS VANISHED! Haha! I still have little to no energy but I'll take anything over morning sickness.

So we're 16 weeks and 40 days y'all... The 40 days part meaning the most (and probably the real reason I'm all glow-y and excited lately ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment