Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

38 weeks/the CRAZY past few days

     So we are officially 38 weeks pregnant and more ready than ever for this child to make his way into the world.  Except, I'll admit, after yesterday and the past couple days, I'm kind of getting really nervous!  I thought I was SOOO ready for labor and so ready to push him out but I'm starting to get worried and super nervous!  Maybe I'm okay with him staying in there a little longer.... I'm totally back and forth.
Anyway, here are the events of the past couple days. If not for your knowledge, then for me to be able to look back one day and recall this crazy end to our journey.

Thursday evening around 6pm I started having contractions.  Not real ones, just the annoying Braxton Hicks, pressure ones.  These started coming every 10 minutes and came through the night and through yesterday morning.  They never let up. So I called my Dr. and she said to call back if they started coming within 5 minutes of eachother.  She said to take a long walk, bounce up and down, do squats, eat something spicy-- basically try to throw my body into real labor contractions as opposed to the false contractions.  I started doing squats around the house and Personal Trainer Eric informed me that I was doing them wrong so he showed me the right way.  I tried out his method and ended up pulling my groin muscle.  Thanks for that, honey. SOMEONE didn't think that maybe a pregnant woman with 25 extra pounds on her front side can't do the perfect squat! haha So after my failed attempt at those, I decided to go on a loooong walk around the neighborhood to try and get gravity to work in my favor and force this baby out. I walked for about an hour and when I got home my contractions were timeable, within 5 minutes of eachother for about an hour.  I called the Dr, and she told me to come in and get monitored.  They put me on a machine to monitor my contractions and to monitor the babys heartrate.  My contractions were still minutes apart so I thought this might really be it, BUT they didn't hurt very much so it didn't seem like it could be the real thing at the same time.  However, the babys heartrate dropped to below 90 a few times (average heartrate at this time is between 120 and 160) so the Dr thought it might be good to admit me into Labor and Delivery and monitor him for a bit longer and monitor my contractions some more as well.  5 hours later, we were told that we could go home.  The baby was fine and my contractions were getting more painful but still not enough to make me dilate or be considered "real labor".  Frustrating? Ha.  Our ultrasound came back normal as well which made me feel better except my amniotic fluid levels which were average, but on the low side of average.  So where we stand now is that the Dr thinks he'll be here anyday! Ofcourse, no one, not even the doctor, could ever tell you for sure.  I have another appointment on Tuesday to check my amniotic fluid levels again and if they are lower she MIGHT induce me just to make sure the baby doesn't go into any stress.  If I still haven't had the baby by Tuesday AND she doesn't find it necessary to induce me then I will be the girl in bed crying and begging for Cannen to just PLEASE come out!

So here we are today.  10am Saturday morning.  Still having contractions every 5-7ish minutes.  For now the last 40 hours. Getting increasingly more painful but not unbearable.  Soooo maybe today is the day?? Not getting my hopes up, but still, that's hard to do.

my favorite pic ever :)  Cannen with his mouth wiiide open in a yawn.  and look at that little nose!  I can't wait to kiss this sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment