Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

don't forget:

Cannen is already bringing us more joy and excitement than I could have imagined.  I will admit that at first, the stress of having a newborn overshadowed the joys of having one.  I know that makes me sound like such a bad mom but it's true.  You can only prepare yourself so much for having a newborn baby in the house and all the changes that come with it so when it actually happens and you are responsible for a little person it is SO unbelievably overwhelming.  (ok, it still is totally overwhelming but it truly does get better and easier everyday)  But in the very beginning, I'll admit, that there were more stressful times than happy ones.  I was more frustrated and confused than I was happy to have this little man constantly relying on me for every little thing.  I've obviously never been a mom before so it's just absolute craziness when you get the baby home and start mommyhood.  
However, like I said, everyday it gets better and better and there are already SO many things about my little man that I never want to forget so I wanted to list them out so I can refer to them later in his life.  He shows a little more of his personality everyday which is remarkable for a 13day old.  He has little habits that make Eric and I laugh and he just grows to be more perfect everyday. 
 I have completely and irrevocably fallen head over heels for this little boy.

- He sleeps with his hands up by his face.  In my belly, everytime we'd get an ultrasound he would ALWAYS have his hands my his face so we NEVER got a good picture of his little face.  and even now, he still sleeps with his arms up and his hands either covering part of his face or in little fists by his ears.  It's really really cute.
- His swing.  He LOVES sleeping in his swing.  The swing isnt even plugged in or rocking him back and forth.  He just likes being in the swing and prefers to nap there.  We have spent probably half the nights since he's been home with me sleeping on the couch and him sleeping in his swing next to the couch because that's the only place he would sleep.  
- His carseat.  Hates it. The getting buckled in part. Not having it. 
- Diaper changes.  Hates them.  Ya know how moms always say there are 3 reasons that a baby is probably crying?-- They're hungry, they have a gas bubble/need to burp, or they have a dirty diaper.  Untrue.  Cannen would rather sit in his dirty diaper than have it changed. He has never cried because of a dirty diaper.
- This one may be TMI-- when it's time to eat, he literally turns into a wild man.  I pick him up, turn him on his side to breastfeed, and he opens his mouth wide as possible and starts flailing his head around and making pig noises until I guide him over and he latches on to me.  And from there he is the loudest eater EVER.  Eric has heard him from the other room before.  He swallows really loud and makes really loud breathing noises like he literally is afraid to take a breath for fear that the milk won't be there anymore if he stops sucking.  It just makes us laugh.
- He had his two week old checkup today and has gained 11oz since birth.  He definitely eats enough!
- His little feet are the cutest things I've ever seen.  I can't even handle his teeny baby feet.
- He LOVES sleeping on his belly up on your chest.  He curls his little legs under and sticks his butt out and buries his face in your chest and falls asleep.  There have been a few nights that the only way I could get him to sleep is to let him sleep on my chest and he'll sleep there all night long. It's really cute though-- he's definitely a snuggler.
- The way he looks in Erics arms.  Heart melting.  Eric has such big muscle-y arms and chest and Cannen literally looks teeny tinier than ever when hes snuggling with Eric.  It's amazing to watch Eric with him though... Thats probably the thing that I'll never ever forget and the image is burned into my memory.  Eric is SO good with him and talks to Cannen like he's an adult sometimes haha! It's really cute and I KNOW that I've definitely lost that battle-- Cannen will DEFINITELY be daddys little boy and want to be JUST like Eric and doing whatever Eric is doing as he starts getting older.  

I'm sure there are more but Cannen is waking up and ready to eat so I'll have to come back and add them later.  We are a blessed little family and so happy to wake up to this little man everyday. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment