Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

byebye Japan

What. A. Trip.
I can't believe that it's over!

Aside from having to say goodbye to Eric again and the overwhelming sadness that sort of re-rooted itself, thinking about this trip and all the amazing times I had with Eric puts a huge smile on my face.  I am so overwhelmingly blessed that I got to go all the way to Japan to see him and spend time with him.  With four whole months to go in this deployment, I am praying that I find that strength that I previously had found before having to say goodbye again.  And I pray that the memories from this once in a lifetime trip will fill me with some joy and hope and excitement for Eric and I's next adventures... wherever life may take us. :)

I think I can honestly say that Japan might be on the biggest culture shocks any American would ever have over any other country.  Mind you, we weren't in mainland Japan where Tokyo and everywhere else is super American-ized.  We were on the smallll island of Okinawa where everything in traditional and completely foreign. haha  I couldnt possibly write a blog of every single thing Eric and I did but I already shared a few of the things in my previous posts and I'd like to keep a few things off the blog so I actually have stuff to tell people when I see them that they haven't already read! 

Mostly I just want to reiterate, again, as I have 3,000 times in this blog, what an incredible husband I have.  Eric made me feel like the most special girl in the world these past couple weeks.  He never let go of my hand, or let an hour go by without telling me how happy he was that I was there, or even rolled over in his sleep without telling me he loved me.  I honestly constantly feel like I do not deserve such an amazing man to call my husband.  He puts this glow in me and a happiness that no one else has ever brought out.  I will truly love him with everything I have for the rest of my life and I hope I can EVER make him as happy as he makes me.  I can't imagine my life any differently now that I have him.  This trip just reaffirmed every day for me why I fell in love with him and how much he means to me.  He will truly do whatever it takes to make me smile and he cares more than I can explain.  I love that man more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone.  He is just my whole world and I hope he knows that.  ;)

All in all, this trip to Japan was an experience filled with memories that I will never, ever forget.  It was so amazing and such a humbling culture shock.  Japan, America, or anywhere else in the world- Home will always be wherever my husband is.  



No comments:

Post a Comment