Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve

I just woke up (14 hours ahead of everyone in the US) and it's Christmas Eve!  I woke up and rolled over to see Eric sleeping still, unaware yet that it was Christmas Eve and our first Christmas together was upon us.
Waking up next to Eric the past 3 nights has been surreal.  Everything about this trip has been sort of surreal so far. Seeing Eric in the airport was insane.  Ashley and I walked down the escalator, both of us literally sweating because of the butterflies in our tummies.  We got to baggage claim and saw that behind a big glass wall with glass sliding doors were an abundance of families and people waiting to see their loved ones.  There were surprisingly a lot of military men waiting to see their wives and even kids that had also come to visit them for Christmas.  I now LOVE knowing that on that last long flight to Okinawa there were so many other military wives waiting and getting just as excited and anxious and nervous as I was to see their husbands again.  As our baggage started coming along the conveyor belt, I was just staring out those glass windows hoping and praying to see a glimpse of Eric standing there waiting for me.  At first, Ashley and I didnt see them and figured they were late (we wouldnt have been toooo surprised ;).  But then, after getting our luggage, I looked out and saw the most handsome Marine in the world waiting at the sliding doors with an arm full of flowers.  I could not get through the doors fast enough before dropping my luggage and jumping into his arms.  It was the craziest feeling and rush of excited, anxious emotion that I've ever had.  We didn't say anything for a long time and we just knew.  It felt like we were just meeting again sort of. It has only been a little over 3 months since Eric left and I dont think I ever realized how much I missed him until I was back with him. It may have only been 3.5 months since he left but its felt so much longer. So meeting him again felt that much better.  There is really no way to describe it. 
But here I am. In Japan with my husband on Christmas Eve, finally.  The last 3 days have been so incredible. Eric won't let go of my hand and I've gotten more forehead kisses and hugs and 'I love you's than I ever have.  We are constantly just feeling so unbelievably blessed to be able to be close to eachother again. The idea of having to leave him again terrifies me but I'm not going to even think about that just yet.  I still have 13 days left with my man.
I will update soon about all the fun we've been having and everything we've been doing! Its 9am here and I'm ready to start my day! Love you guys and have the MERRIEST CHRISTMAS! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment