Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

updates and more

So sorry about the lack of posts lately.  There is just so much going on with our little family lately! Christmas, making everyones gifts for Advent Conspiracy, church things, work, spending time with my family, Kobe... and most excitingly--- JAPAN!!!! I am SO excited to go to Japan that I can hardly stand myself. It's only 10 days away!!!!  Ya know when you're a senior and you get "senioritis" and all you can think about is graduation and you just stop caring about school.... Well I have Japanitis.  I've been such a slacker lately and I dont feel bad. haha! ALL I care about is getting to Japan to see my husband! Oh my goodness... Japan, America, or wherever else in the world, as long as I'm with Eric I don't even care! I just want my man and in 10 days I get to snag him back!  Thank you EVERYONE for your constant prayers and support with my upcoming reunion.

Eric is great too! His crazy fevers and shakes are gone and he seems healthy!  His abscess is still gross but it's healing the way it should so thank God! He is now back from the field and back to normal life over there.  I talk to him everyday and sometimes twice a day so I'm blessed too.  God sure does have his hand on this deployment! and on Eric over there serving our country!

I can honestly say that I've been handling things preeeeetty well lately!  The crying has pretty much completely stopped, and the sadness and bitterness is subdued as well.  I've just been happy and very hopeful about my marriage and this obstacle that the Lord has put in front of me.  Jesus knew all along that I could handle this and with his love and grace I've been able to use this whole experience to better myself and grow.  It feels so good. Now, who knows how I'll feel coming HOME from Japan.  Saying goodbye again might be even harder than the first time but atleast I'm coming back in 2012, a whole new year, and Eric will be home in just 5 more short-ish months. :)

Something that stinks:
The worst kind of good dream is one that he is home and we're together.  I took a nap earlier this morning and I swear he was home.  The storyline wasn't very exciting but there was dialogue, and eye contact, and laughing.  It was literally the first warm feeling I've had since he left.  It was so vivid.  I woke up to the sound of the TV and tried SO hard to go back to sleep! I didnt want it to end.  It sounds silly but it really felt so real and it felt so good.  I woke up, realized I was laying on my couch alone, Kobe asleep on the other couch, and my husband 14 hours ahead of me asleep in his bed on the other side of the world. And then I felt reeeeally alone. :-/

Something that doesn't stink:
Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my wonderful mother-in-law and then I get to spend time with my sister and brother-on-law and my nephews and niece! Although Eric isn't here and it was all just a dream, I still feel closer to him everytime I'm with his family.  So I do get to feel a little bit of him again tomorrow :)

Something else that doesn't stink:
To any other military girlfriend, wife, or whoever-- just know that I pray for you every single night.  Not just saying that-- I really do.  This Christmas season is hard and I am blessed that I'll get to see my husband. So for those of you who will be missing your Soldiers this Christmas, I can't even tell you how much my heart goes out to you.  You are stronger than you know and I truly hope that being with family and friends you will have the peace at heart and joy that this season is supposed to bring. I will continue to pray for you.  I think we military wives are some of the strongest women that God makes. :)  “God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain."  - C.S. Lewis  

:)

1 comment: