Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Eric's homecoming

So yesterday, Eric finally arrived in Norfolk after a long, long flight from Okinawa!  I havent seen his name pop up on my phone in months so as I was sitting with Des yesterday afternoon and my phone started ringing, I swear I almost burst into tears when I saw "Eric Calling" show up on my phone with his personal ringtone which is the song we danced to at our wedding (which I totally forgot that I'd given him his own ringtone).  It's been really cool being able to talk to him on the phone again.  We skyped a lot while he was in Okinawa but actually talking on the phone makes me really happy for some reason.

Per usual with the military, and as somewhat expected, I haven't gotten to see Eric yet.  He was flown into Norfolk and was immediately bussed to Quantico for de-brief and RILOC.  All day today he has been sitting in mundane classes about different things and he will do so for the next 3 days.  Just having him close again is really nice in itself though.

I finally received the email from one of his officers up in DC about when I will get to finally see him and bring him home.  Getting that email was just really, really exciting finally knowing exact dates and times.  SOOOOO, I officially pick Eric up on Thursday around noon!!!  They will be bussed back to his Richmond Unit, have a brief formation, and then be officially released to me to take him home and un-pause our life together.

Cannen can't wait to meet his daddy and I can't wait to get my husband back and actually start our marriage.  Eric is SO excited to see me and Cannen as well and he's ready to jump back in to life and help me get ready for this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment