Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

things



Today makes a week that Eric has been home and, needless to say, it's been such a perfect week.  And I don't use the term "perfect" loosely... it's literally been perfection.  This is sort of just for me to remember so it may not be very important to whoever reads this but here are some random things that I've noticed since he's been home that I didn't realize how much I loved/missed when he was gone:
- channel 570.  Which for the married woman, you know as ESPN.  I really like hearing SportsCenter from the living room again :)
- mornings.  Every day Eric has to be at work by 7:30am so everyday this week I've woken up at 6am with him and made him breakfast (6 eggs with cheese and bacon, sausage or ham and a coffee to be exact... he eats like no man I've ever met haha)  At first I didn't think I'd ever be able to keep this 6am routine up but it's already sort of become a special time for us.  Getting up at 6am, me making his breakfast while he packs his workout bag, listening to SportsCenter in the background, all the while getting little surprise kisses on the back of my head.  Then while he eats breakfast I just lay with him on the couch... and as soon as he's out the door at 7, I'm back in bed. haha
- getting dressed up! I love getting dressed up anyway and looking nice everyday but now that he's home I have someone to tell me how pretty my dress is and how I "barely look pregnant" <--especially important now that half my clothes don't fit and I'm getting more and more insecure about my basketball belly lol) and that I'm "so pretty"... I know he has to say these things because he's my husband but I haven't heard them for 8 months so it's just nice to hear! Girls- you understand.
- his laundry.  I've missed folding his shirts and balling his socks.
- coming home after work. and he's there waiting for me! I love it :)  it really FEELS like home.
- riding in his truck.  I don't really like driving so letting him drive us and bumping along in his truck gets me back to my true passion of being in charge of the radio.  He just shakes his head and laughs at me the entire time but I can't help that Q94 plays 'Call Me Maybe' every 20 minutes and I just so happen to be really good at finding it when it comes on. and I just so happen to know all the words and have an incredible singing voice.  Same goes for Justin Beiber.
- DATENIGHTS. 
- seeing his name light up on my phone when he calls

there are more but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. I remind myself everyday and every night as often as I can to remember not to take any of this for granted.  The odds are slim, but he could be given orders and shipped off again at any time and I think before he left I took so many little things for granted everyday.  Everyday life is SO much happier and truly feels like more of a blessing when you really realize HOW MUCH of a gift life is-- even the little things.  And it all comes back to God. Take the mentality of "what if tomorrow you woke up only with what you thanked God for today?"  Well, I plan on being sure that I'd wake up with my husband (and every little thing about him) tomorrow, and everyday after that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment