Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nursery planning!

     So I knew from the beginning that I did NOT want to go the "pink or blue" themed nursery direction.  Overplayed, cheesy, ugly... words that some to mind when thinking about a blue/pink nursery.  I also knew that I didn't want to do the usual thing- cute smiley elephants and lions, mother goose, pastels, Noahs ark, sports, etc.  Those are all overdone.  Originally I had always wanted to go with a toile theme if it was a girl, or a nautical theme if it were a boy.  Then my aunt Sarah did the nautical theme (and I was right on that thinking because her nautical nursery is to DIE for).
     SOOOO,  Eric and I set out for a new nursery theme!  And we've finally decided and yesterday- click click  doubleclick- I ordered everything!  And baby Cannen's nursery theme isssssssssssss:  Vintage Woodsy Critters!
      Explanation:  I found wall decals of cute woods animals- not the usual lions and tigers and bears, but rabbits, deer, squirrels, birds, owls, etc. (picture below) I LOOOOVE that the animals are patterned and made of fabric! It's going to bring such a cool element to the walls. We are going to paint the wall adjacent to the decal wall an earthy green color and put his crib up against that green wall with the Owl Name Decal over the crib. I looooove accent walls. PERSONALLY, I couldnt be more excited about this and so I just wanted to share :)
     We move out of our house in less than a MONTH and into our new home! I cannot WAIT to put his nursery together and take real pics to show yall!


Cannen's woodsy little critters decal set!

 Sherwin Williams gave us paint chip suggestions to match our decals!


this will obviously say Cannen- but how friggen cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment