Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

16 days

My best friend Sara sent me this poem today. It means so much because she knows what I'm going through and is so supportive and sweet. Some poems are super cheesy but this is really cool so I thought I'd share!

"I knew the day would come, when I’d be here alone. 
When where he used to be, lays a silent phone. 
I knew the day would come, the greatest of my fears, 
When I would watch him walk away, stifling my tears. 

I knew the day would come, no matter how I begged. 
When it would be cold and lonely, lying on this bed. 
I knew the day would come, no matter how I cried. 
When I’d be sitting here, and he no longer at my side. 

But still, I held him and kissed him, and memorized his face. 
I swore to him with all I had…I’d wait here, in this place. 
I told him not to worry, I told him to be brave. 
And it took everything in me not to tell him to stay. 

For he had to do his duty…and I had my own to do 
To love him and support him, the way he deserves me to. 
This love is worth the pain, worth this terrible heartache 
I knew it when I took his name, how much my heart would break. 

This life isn’t easy…and sometimes it isn’t fair. 
But I would rather months apart, than to never have him there. 
Some will never understand, never really see 
Why did we do this? Because…it was meant to be."

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mah Mah! Don't worry, we are going to get through this together. Even though Banks isn't leaving now till Feb 7 I am still ALL YOURS. You are my priority :)

    ReplyDelete