Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

9 days

Ugh... Yesterday was 10 days away and today is 9 and though they're only one day separate, somehow today is a lot worse. Probably because we're now in the single digits. Which makes no sense but in my head somehow 10 days sounds a thousand times better.
Yesterday Eric found out details of his leaving. We received his packing list and they told us that I must drop him off at his Unit at 7am on Saturday, October 1st. Therefore 7am on the 1st will most likely go down in the books as the most emotionally exhausting and hard time of my life thus far. I know that worse things could happen and probably will happen to Eric and I in our life, but so far I think this will be the saddest. Not to mention that 7am is just plain early for me. Nothing is fun at 7am. So if you happen to be awake early on the 1st, maybe say a quick prayer or send some love our way. I like to think that God will use them to give Eric and I an overwhelming sense of comfort after I drop him off and he disappears into his building. That moment is far too much to think about so I will stop before my iPad is soaked with my dumb tears.

On a positive note, the preparation for Erics move is going pretty well! I got my most coveted military ID today. Yes, it's cool that I get to go to the commissary for cheap groceries and the BX for tax free stuff... But more importantly I get 10% off at Starbucks and discounts at the mall. I will be the obnoxious girl in line at stores flashing my military ID like it's nobody's business. We are also working on my trip itinerary to visit Eric in December for Christmas! I was not about to spend my first married Christmas apart from my husband and turns out, I can come visit Eric for as long as I want and he can stay in my hotel room with me on base! As of now, everything is working out so hopefully everything falls into place with that! We are purchasing webcams this week too so we can use and abuse skype while he's gone. Woo hoo! AND we got sweet new cell phones so we can talk and text while he's over there.

As far as Eric goes, he's being really strong and really awesome and hopeful through everything as well. I try to remember that this isn't happening to me, its happening to him. He's getting deployed and I should be stronger than I have been but he has been carrying me through and he's been so sweet and fragile with me. He is unlike anyone I've ever met. He's so strong and he has so much faith in the Lord and faith in what the Lord is doing in our marriage that he is just unphased by things and already looking forward to our life post- Japan. He serves our country with pride and strength and integrity and he serves the Lord with all of those things and more, knowing that everything he has comes from Him. I can and will learn a lot from Eric in our lifetime. Quick funny story: my twin cousins Max and Neveah had their 3rd birthday party last week. Max loves Eric and wanted Eric to help him build stuff with his new set of legos he just got. So Max builds a house and Eric (shocker) builds a gun. Max asks what it is because hes 3 and doesn't quite know about guns yet. A few minutes later we are all talking and I see max shooting things in the living room with his Lego gun yelling "SQUEAK SQUEAKKKK!". Everyone was laughing so hard! It was so cute how Max was so innocent and didn't quite know what sound a gun made so "squeak squeeeeak!" sounded like a solid choice! Likely, our childrens first words will be Boom or Bang with Eric as their father. ;)

Well I know that was a long post so sorry! But that's what's been going on the past 2 days. Lots! Haha :) thanks for everyones support and love through all this. We are such lucky people to have awesome friends and family surrounding us. God is so real and He really is always just right there to lean on when things get hard, isn't he? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment