Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

17 days

17 days until my husband gets deployed. The feeling is surreal and I feel like my emotions might soon make my head explode.  The "choked up" feeling where you feel like there's a charlie horse in your throat is a feeling that I've actually gotten quite used to. However, the pride and respect and love that I feel for my handsome Marine is overflowing as well more than ever and I couldn't be more honored to call Eric my husband.

I'm starting this blog for a few reasons. I don't care who reads it or if it gets out at all. It's more personal for me I guess.  I just wanted a place to tell simple stories of my days, vent my feelings, put up any pictures Eric sends me, and record any news that I get from him about things. Maybe even connect with other military wives going through the same things. Honestly, I haven't been handling my emotions about this very well and I've been sort of a mess but I've always been able to say EXACTLY what I mean and sort out all my feelings when I write it down so I figured this might be a good outlet. Mostly why I wanted to blog is because, oddly, I want to really remember each part of this next 7 months.  Not to wallow in self pity but I want to look back and read this (and laugh) one day with Eric when all of this is behind us.  I want to be able to look back and watch as our little family of two grew stronger and more special everyday that Eric was gone.  One day, I want my kids to ask us about their daddy's life as a Marine and I want to be able to recount all the feelings I had and be able to show our kids how Eric and I got through such a hard time in our lives.

Eric is my whole world. I can't put into words how much I love him. I dream about the day that I will watch him walk into that crowded room, on the day he returns. Both of us knowing that this is over and that we now have the rest of our lives. Until then, I'll be tearing this blog apart. Putting a little 'pink' into my world of camo. Recording the probably boring daily life of a Marine wife. Wearing yellow ribbons in my pony tails to show my support for the U.S. Marines... And missing my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment