Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

So, this year for Christmas, since Eric isn't here, I'm all alone for Advent Conspiracy. (if you don't know what Advent Conspiracy is, click here and watch this super short promo so youll know what I'm talking about....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU ... now that you've watched it, dont you want to do that too?? Spend half of your usual amount on gifts, and give the rest to help the world!)

ANYWAY, this is Eric and I's second year of doing Advent Conspiracy together and it feels so good.  This year I'm attempting to hand-make everyones gift and putting my craftiness to the ultimate test.  However, I thought maybe I should do more this year.  I'm alone and have more time on my hands than usual and I just thought there is no better Christmas to really give back and focus on generosity.  I definitely feel like God has been tugging at my heart a bit about this. 

SO, for every day this Advent season, I'm going to do one really cool Random Act of Christmas Kindness.  Here are some ideas I have so far:
-Grocery shopping for the sole purpose to put it in the Food For Families box in the doorway
- Donating candy filled stockings to a less fortunate elementary school
- donate toys for Toys for Tots
- donate old books to a library in need

I have to think up 20 more... if you have any ideas let me know!  This Christmas Season should be all about loving others and sharing God's love. (well, every Christmas season should be... but I'm making it happen this year. I'm determined!)

No comments:

Post a Comment