Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

"My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving."  -Colossians 2:6-7

... Enough said, right? 
Today was SUCH a great day. I had SO much fun with my family and I really caught myself looking around and laughing and noticing how much I really had to be thankful for.  It was an incredible day.  Only sour feeling all day was the slight pang in my stomach everytime I'd think of how much I missed Eric and how things just aren't complete without him.  I miss him everyday but holidays are definitely the worst.  I can only be this much more thankful that we'll get to spend Christmas together.  
I also really wanted to go to Eric's Callahan side of the family today to visit with them but it didn't work out.  Eric and his family usually go about 90minutes away to his moms side of the family to celebrate Thanksgiving and I had hoped that I could go there for a bit and then drive back to be with my family but the distance/the risk of traffic made that impossible :(  But next year, Eric and I are ready to go to the Callahans and celebrate with them so I can't wait to be apart of their tradition and grow closer to his family!

Sadly, Eric didnt get much of a Thanksgiving :-/   I talked to him a bit and he said that they had a pretty slack day but he didn't completely get off work so the day was pretty uneventful and he was pretty sad about that.  I know how much he LOVES Thanksgiving and wanted to be with his family this year so I was really sad for him.


Things I am especially thankful for this year:
1) Obviously, my gracious and Holy Lord Jesus.  He has blessed me more than ever this year through His provisions and His love.
2) My perfect husband.  I honestly did now know it was possible to love another person as much as I love Eric.  I am just blown away when I think of how undeserving I am of a man like Eric and how thankful I am to God for sending me such an incredible husband.
3) my family and my NEW family!  ugh... I could go on forever about my amazing family.
4) my wedding. It sounds silly but my wedding was just perfect and I couldnt have planned everything without my mom and aunt Lacy and my friends.  I'm just so thankful that, to me, I had the most beautiful, perfect wedding and I wouldnt have changed a thing.  It was the happiest day of my life by far. 
5)my new puppy! She's crazy but I love her.

AND SO MUCH MORE! but those are the five that came to mind right away. 
Anyway, hope everyone had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment