Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Encouragment

This morning at church, Brandon, our new head pastor, continued his Relationships series with a sermon for Wives.  It was an incredible sermon and it brought me to tears. (if you have a spare 40 minutes, please listen to his Wife sermon here or listen to his sermon on husbands from last week which really opens your eyes to what God wants men to be ;) http://www.commonwealthchapel.com/series/relationships/

Anyway, a lot of his sermon was directed towards encouragment and encouraging your husband.  I think its something that I could really work on especially with the deployment.  I find myself get bitter and a little bit resentful when I hear from Eric sometimes.  I know he's having a good time with the boys and I mostly just feel alone here.  I'm definitely jealous... Envious that he's handling this so much better than me.  But then I think and realize that I need to be so much more encouraging for him.  I need to show him with my words now more than ever that I love him and that I'm supporting him and that I'm genuinely happy as long as he is happy.  I need to uplift him with my words because for the next 6 months all we have is talking. Whether on skype or texts or whatever... my words mean a lot more when they're all I have.  I want to encourage him and make my words sincere and important to us growing while he's gone.  Men get shot down enough and they have enough crap to go through of their own... they should be able to come home (or call) their wife and hear sweet words from her that make their days worthwhile.  I want to be this for Eric and I will work a lot harder to be better at making everyday have some sort of encouragment for him. Because I love him with all my heart and, even when its hard for me, I want this next 6 months to be easy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment