Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

so dag'on sweet!

Last night, Eric and I came home from our last dinner together to find an envelope from his sister, Gretchen!  Inside were the sweetest, cutest, little cards that Gretchen had her 5 babies make for their Uncle Eric and a really sweet card from her and Brian.  We opened the envelope and found all ther little hand prints in red, white and blue and all their sweet little words wishing Eric the best of luck over in Japan.  It brought tears to my eyes instantly just thinking of how sweet my new little nephews are and how much they love their Uncle Eric.  Gretchen truly is the most amazing mom... She is so caring and so thoughtful and so, so loving.  I hope Eric and I are as good of parents as her and Brian are.  I'm so lucky to have them as my sister and brother-in-law.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Mandie I'm so glad you'll enjoyed the cards. I was just reading all of your posts since this one and getting all teary-eyed and then came across the photo of our cards. YOU are an encouragement to ME! I am so wowed by your words of wisdom. Being a wife is so wonderful and such a blessing, but also a continual struggle to love someone else sacrificially. Thanks for being willing to share your heart on this blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete